Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Return of the Peppers!

First of all... You're going to have to listen to this...



That's right ladies and gentlemen, we have our first single, and I really like the sound they're going for.

It's subtle, yet funky. And as far as the Peppers go, these are some of the most coherent lyrics I've heard in a while. As far as I know right now this could be the mellowest or the heaviest song on the album, and either way I'm fine with it. If half the songs on I'm With You gets stuck in my head like this, then they've done a great job.
I love it just for the cover.

Flea has a nice little baseline in the song, and we even get some cowbell (and now you're picturing Will Ferrell's hairy gut), but the song-stealer in this case has to be band newcomer Josh Klinghoffer who has some pretty elaborate layering in his guitar work. On top of that the chorus riff he used is just as catchy (if not more) than the chorus itself, I've been humming it since I heard it.

Has it reached Stadium Arcadium levels for me? No, but it did get me excited for the release, which is still over a month away. So yeah, expect another bloated music review.

No comments:

Post a Comment